Zoan is a pioneer of virtual and supplemented reality. It has created Burst Live ‑web site. In this privacy notice, we describe how we process personal data on Burst Live ‑web site. You shall be provided more information on:
- What kind of data we process?
- For what purposes we use the data?
- How are cookies used on the web site?
- How long do we retain the data?
- What opportunities you have to effect?
- Where is the data transferred or disclosed to?
- How is the data protected?
- Can amendments be made to this privacy notice?
- Who can you contact?
What kind of data we process?
Typically we process the following data:
- Personal data you provided, such as e‑mail address, age and place of residence. If you wish to receive a newsletter on the events of Burst Live, you must provide your email address. Providing other data is completely voluntary.
- Data identified on the use of our services, such as data on how you use our services (e.g. the duration and time of visit) and which areas of the web site you visit, as well as technical data about your main device, such as IP address, browser type, version and language, type of the main device, operator, screen resolution, type of the operating system and Java support for the browser and data on the cookies set on your device. We may combine this data with the above-mentioned data you provided if you access our web site through a newsletter.
- Data related to avatar, such as the name of the avatar and a random identifier used to perform interactions (such as “dance”, “wink”, “shout”). This data is not combined with the above data, and the data associated with the avatar cannot be used to personally identify you.
For what purposes we use the data?
We use the data for the following purposes:
- Implementation of the services: We use the data related to the avatar in order to implement the service you requested.
- Marketing and newsletters: We process the data you provided to send you direct marketing messages through electronic channels. Processing is based on consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Product development and statistics: We want to know how our services are used and what user groups subscribe to and open the newsletters. The data we collect allows us to analyze the use of our services, develop our services and business, and strive to organize events that are likely to be of the interest to the user groups. This processing is based on our legitimate interest. Taking into account the nature of the data, the transparency of our policies, and the opportunities you are given to effect, we consider that the processing is not in conflict with your fundamental rights or freedoms.
How are cookies used on the web site?
We may collect data on the use of our services through cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small file that is stored on your main device. It includes an anonymous, numeric identifier that allows us to identify and count the various browsers visiting on our web site. When you use the website again, the web site uses this cookie to identify your browser. The data on the avatar is stored in the browser’s local data storage corresponding to the cookie.
We use Google Analytics in our services to measure the use of our website. The data stored in cookies used by Google’s tools (e.g. IP addresses) is forwarded to Google’s servers around the world. Because of that, such data may be processed on servers located outside the user’s country of residence. The received data is used by Google to evaluate how the user browses the content on the web sites and to compose summary reports on the use of the web site. In addition, Google conducts surveys of the services provided in connection with the web sites and provides statistics on the use of the Internet. Google may also customize the content of the adverts it displays to users based on the previous browsing history. Google may also transfer data to third parties if required to do so by legislation, or in cases where such third party processes the data on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate the user’s IP address with any other data stored by Google.
How long do we retain the data?
We retain the data in accordance with the following retention periods:
- Data you provided: We retain the data as long as you wish to receive the newsletters. If you unsubscribe from the newsletter list or your email address does not receive messages, we shall delete the data. We may comprise anonymous reports from demographic data.
- Data identified on the use of the services: The data of Google Analytics shall be retained for 24 months.
You may also influence the retention period of your data by using the opportunities to effect described below, such as requesting the deletion of your data or clearing cookies.
What opportunities you have to effect?
There are several ways you may influence the collection and processing of data:
- Verification, correction and deleton of the data: You have the right to verify the personal data stored about you. At your request, we will correct, supplement or delete inaccurate, incomplete or outdated personal data for the purpose of processing.
- Data transfer: You may wish to have your personal data, which we automatically process based on your consent, transferred by contacting us at the address provided at the end of this privacy notice.
- Right to object and restrict: You may object the processing based on legitimate interest. For example, in such situation, the processing is restricted for the time when the grounds for the objection of processing are assessed.
- Withdrawal of consent: You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the address provided at the end of this privacy notice. You may cancel the newsletter by clicking the link at the end of the message.
- Right to appeal: You may file a complaint with the authority if you consider that your personal data has been processed against data protection legislation (https://tietosuoja.fi/en/home)
Exercising the above rights requires that we are able to identify you personally. If we are not able to identify you, you may primarily influence the processing in the following ways:
- Deletion of cookies and history and browsing data: Clearing your browsing history in your browser settings, deleting cookies, and by clearing your browser’s local data storage you will change the unique identifier and the profile associated with the previous identifier will reset. After this, the web site will no longer recognize you as a returning user and you will need to re-create your avatar.
- Blocking cookies: You may block cookies in your browser settings. The blocking of cookies does not affect the functionality of our services.
Where is the data transferred or disclosed to?
The Burst Live ‑web site hosts events with various cooperation partners. We may report to our cooperation partners, inter alia, on the number and duration of participation in the event, the number of newsletters sent and opened related to the event and the number of avatars created for the event. In this context, we will not disclose to the cooperation partners data from which you could be personally identified.
We do not disclose your personal data to third parties in other than the following exceptional cases:
- Authorities: We may disclose your personal data in the manner required by the competent authorities and applicable legislation in force from time to time.
- Consent: We may disclose your data to third parties if you have given your consent to that.
- Mergers and acquisitions: If we sell, merge or otherwise organize our business, your personal data may be disclosed to the buyers and their advisor.
We use subcontractors to process the data in which case we guarantee through contractual arrangements that the data will be processed in accordance with legislation in force from time to time. Some of our partners (such as Google and Mailchimp) are located outside the EU or the EEA. If we transfer the data outside the EU or the EEA, we will ensure the adequate level of protection of personal data, inter alia, by agreeing on matters related to the confidentiality and processing of personal data as required by legislation, e.g. by using model contract clauses approved by the European Commission or Privacy Shield mechanism. These partners may only process your data on our behalf as data processors.
How is the data protected?
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data against unauthorized processing. Such means include, inter alia, the use of firewalls and encryption technologies, appropriate access control, restricted access rights, guidance of the personnel involved in the processing of personal data and careful selection of subcontractors.
Can amendments be made to this privacy notice?
We are constantly developing our services and we may amend this privacy notice. The amendments may also be based on changes in legislation. We recommend that you regularly familiarize yourself with the content of this privacy notice.
This privacy notice was published on 29 April 2020.
Who process my data?
We are Zoan, officially Zoan Oy, a limited liability company registered in the Republic of Finland. Our registration number at the corporation registry is 2352411–4 and the registered address Bulevardi 1 A, FI-00100 Helsinki, Finland.
Who can you contact?
In case you would like to contact us concerning data protection feel free to do so using contacts listed here at our privacy portal front page. We suggest contacting our privacy team first to ensure that the request is processed in a timely manner.